The general rule is that only individuals over the age of majority (18) are capable of entering into contracts. However, contracts entered into by minors are not automatically void. They are voidable at the minors election. See Ohio Rev Code Sec. 3109.o1. A minor must disaffirm any such contract upon reaching the age of majority or within a reasonable time thereafter considering the circumstances of each particular case.
What do you think?
Leave a Reply
- Andrew Thompson interviewed on “Buckeye Surgeon Blog” May 2, 2013
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals Interprets FRSA February 20, 2013
- Wrongful Death Damages Available Under the FELA February 17, 2013
- Administrative Law Judge Rejects Railroad’s Argument In Case Under FRSA February 11, 2013
- DCSTB Principal Tom Connick Receives Preeminent AV Rating October 5, 2012
- DCSTB Partner Tom Connick Successfully Defends Real Estate Appraiser In Alleged Million Dollar Civil Conspiracy And Consumer Fraud Case June 23, 2012